Delicious homemade vegan pizza recipe by Veganbell.
Servings 2 pizzas
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 cups 00 flour (aka double zero flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons semolina flour
- 1 cup Pizza sauce (1/2 cup for each pizza)
- 1 Onion cut into petals
- 1 Bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 Tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Corn steamed
- 1/4 cup Olives
- Vegan mozzarella cheese (or powdered vegan parmesan)
Step A : Activate the yeast
Step B : Mix in the flour and let it rise
Next, add the 00 flour + salt, and start mixing using your hands. The mixture will be sticky at first, but will start to come together as you knead. I usually knead it in the mixing bowl.
Once the dough is done, make a smooth surface on top by tucking it in its sides (as shown in the video).
Add the oil and coat it all over the dough and the bowl.
Cover the bowl and let it rest for 2-3 hours in a warm place. Depending on the quality of the yeast and the nature of flour (I do recommend using 00 flour), the dough will double, or even triple its size.
Step C : Knead some more
*After 2-3 hours* Sprinkle a bit of flour on the counter. Place the dough and start kneading for 3-4 minutes. You'll notice it's much easier to knead this dough.
Now divide the dough into 2 equal halves (as we'll be making 2 pizzas). Tuck them like you did before and cover them with bowls. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
Step D : Prepare the pizza base
*After 15 minutes* The doughs with puff even more. Let's work on 1 dough first.
Remove the bowl. With the help of your knuckles, gently press the dough in the middle and work it up on the sides. You can also use a rolling pin to do this, but I prefer to use my hands.
Once the dough is flat (make sure it's neither to thick nor too thin), sprinkle your baking tray with semolina flour. Semolina prevents the pizza from sticking to the tray while baking.
Step E : Add sauce and toppings
Step F : Bake
I baked mine in a microwave oven which took 25 minutes at 180 C (350 F). If you have a convection oven, it should take around 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden.
That's it, vegan pizza is ready. Serve hot. Repeat the same for the other dough.
- While activating the yeast, if the yeast solution does not foam up at all, you might have to try again with a new, freshly-bought yeast. The first time I tried making a pizza, I ran into this problem. Even if foams just a little bit, it's good...and you can proceed with the recipe.
Serving: 1pizza | Calories: 819kcal | Carbohydrates: 140g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1507mg | Potassium: 1088mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3073IU | Vitamin C: 99mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 9mg