Vermicelli Pudding (or Sevai Kheer) is a sweet and comforting Indian dessert made by cooking roasted vermicelli with dairy-free milk.
It’s really easy to put together with a minimal list of ingredients and simple cooking directions.
Vermicelli Pudding (Sevai Kheer)
- Non-stick saucepan
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup vermicelli (roasted or unroasted)
- 4 cups soy milk (or your fav non-dairy milk)
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons almonds sliced
- 2 tablespoons cashews chopped
- 2 tablespoons raisins sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Set a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add vermicelli. If you're using roasted vermicelli, just stir-saute for about 1 minute. If you're using unroasted vermicelli, stir-saute for 5-6 minutes or until it's golden brown.
- Add the soy milk + saffron and give it a quick stir. Cover the saucepan and cook over low-medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar + almonds + cashews + raisins + cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Cover the saucepan and cook over low-medium heat for another 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Vegan vermicelli pudding kheer is done! Turn off the heat and serve hot or chilled.
- You can add a splash of plant milk to the final dish if you want a more juicy kheer.