Why buy Nutella when you can make one? This homemade Vegan Nutella is palm oil-free, preservative-free, creamy, super delicious and tastes so freaking real! And the best thing is that you can make this with only 4 ingredients.
Please note that you will need a high-speed food processor to make this recipe a success. I tried using a blender but failed miserably.
Let’s do it. Check out this video + printable recipe.
Delicious homemade vegan Nutella recipe.
- Toast 1 cup of hazelnuts for 10-15 minutes. You can toast them in an oven or a pan. If using a pan, make sure you stir the nuts frequently.
- Once they're toasted, gently remove their skin. I usually rub them together using a kitchen towel. This is a quick and no-mess technique.
- Transfer the nuts to a food processor and blend until lumpy.
- Next add the maple syrup, coconut milk and a pinch of salt. Blend until creamy.
- Add cacao powder and give it a final blend. The result should be dark, smooth and creamy. That's it! Your Vegan Nutella is ready.
If you enjoyed this, check out this homemade Vegan Strawberry-Chia Jam recipe I posted earlier.