Homemade, healthy & delicious strawberry jam recipe.
This is technically a cook-free recipe, but I decided to steam the strawberries beforehand so it was easier to mash them later on.
Note 1 : Blending all the ingredients is also an option. However, it will have a runny consistency which you might/might not enjoy. But you can always try both versions! 😉
Note 2 : You can also store the jam in an airtight container and then fridge it. It stays good for 2-3 days!
Yield 1 cup
Bid your store-bought Jam goodbye!
- Add the strawberries to a thick-bottomed sauce pan. Add 2 tablespoons water.
- Close the lid and cook over low-medium heat. Boil for 3-4 minutes or until the strawberries become soft and mushy. Turn off the heat.
- Add chia seeds, lemon juice, and maple syrup.
- Mix well and let it sit for 15 minutes. Boom! Your jam is ready.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 18.3 g
Sodium 23.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 97.5 g
Sugars 61 g
Protein 11.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.