We tried the sweet and sour tamarind lemonade and LOVED it. Here is the recipe. Really easy to prepare. Serves best when chilled. We recommend you use soda water (or sparkling water) but normal water will do just as well.
Tamarind Lemonade Recipe
Yield 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons jaggery (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons tamarind paste
- Slices of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 4 cups icy soda (or sparkling water, or just plain water)
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the juice turns dark.
Normal table salt tasted really boring so I used himalayan pink salt in this lemonade. Totally worth it. Huge props to UrbanPlatter for their top notch himalayan pink salt. They have recently opened a separate Vegan gourmet category in their store, and it's a vegan's paradise. You should check them out.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.8 g
Total Carbohydrates 57.6 g
Sugars 44.9 g
Protein 1.3 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.