Today’s lunch was rainbow quinoa salad. It tastes just as good as it looks. I had the option to use either mint or cilantro so I added mint to the dressing. I’ll be trying cilantro version next (so can you).
To be honest, it took me quite a while to process all the flavours coming out of this salad. It’s minty, sweet-salty, crunchy and juicy. Kinda confusing! 🙂
Let’s do it!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad
Colourful and flavourful rainbow quinoa salad for brunch!
- 2/3 cup quinoa washed & drained
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 5-6 mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup pomegranate optional
- In a saucepan, add 2/3 cup quinoa, a pinch of salt, and 1.5 cups water. Cover the lid and cook for 12-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Let's make the dressing. In a medium bowl, add extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, lime juice, lime zest, salt, pepper, and chopped mint leaves. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, chopped bell peppers, carrot, cucumber, tomato, sweet corn, and pomegranate. Give it a gentle stir.
- Now add the salad dressing and mix well to combine. Tadaaa! Your rainbow salad quinoa is ready.
- Cilantro and Mint can be used interchangeably in this recipe.
- Pomegranate is optional.
- If you want a tangy flavour, feel free to add some diced raw mangoes.