Potato lovers, you’ve got to try this simple and easy stir-fried potatoes. Just boil the potatoes and stir-fry them with cumin seeds and a couple of distinct spices. The result is nothing but delicious!
I used two peculiar spices Asafoetida (also known as Hing) and Dried Mango Powder (also known as Amchur) to flavor up the potatoes.
That being said, feel free to experiment with the spices 🙂
Yield 2 cups
Delicious Jeera Aloo (Stir-Fried Potatoes)
- Wash, skin, and cut the potatoes into medium chunks.
- Transfer them to your Instant Pot or Stovetop Pressure Cooker. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 4 minutes on High (for instant pot) OR for 4-5 whistles (for stovetop pressure cooker).
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil. Once it's hot, add cumin and let it splutter until light brown.
- Add onion + asafoetida. Stir and stir for 2 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add turmeric, cayenne pepper, coriander powder, salt, and dried mango powder. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the boiled potatoes and mix them gently with the spices.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro and mix some more.
- Your Jeera Aloo is ready! Serve over rice, wraps, or by itself like I do. 😉
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7.7 g
Sodium 1221.7 mg
Total Carbohydrates 59.6 g
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 8.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
If you enjoyed this recipe (and you’re a potato lover), check out this Oven Baked Potatoes.