Vegan Lentil Burger
Hi friends! I’m excited to share another delicious vegan burger recipe with you today: the Vegan Lentil Burger. If you’re a fan of the Kidney Bean Burger I posted earlier, you’ll love this one too.
This patty is made with brown lentils, and it’s seriously easy to prepare. The ingredient list is simple, and the best part is that there’s no deep frying required. In just under 40 minutes, you can have a tasty and satisfying vegan burger that’s packed with protein and flavor.
Vegan Lentil Burger
- 1 cup brown lentil (whole masoor dal)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Vegan mayonnaise
- Baby pickles (gerkins)
- Fried onions
Step A : Prepare burger patties
- Set a cooking pot over high heat. Add rinsed brown lentils + salt + water.
- Cover and bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling, turn down the heat to medium and let it simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the lentils become tender.
- Strain and set aside.
- Set a sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil + cumin seeds + garlic + onion and stir-sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer this sautéed mixture + the cooked lentils to a food processor. Add mixed herbs + pepper + smoked paprika + soy sauce + tomato paste.
- Gently pulse until everything is well combined (do not over blend - see video for reference).
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add breadcrumbs.
- Using a spatula, gently fold and mix.
- Time to shape the patties. Scoop a handful of this mixture and give them the shape of a burger patty (see video for reference). Repeat the same until you've used up all the mixture. You should be able to make 4-7 of these patties depending on the amount used.
- Time to fry. Set a non-stick pan over medium heat and coat with a bit of olive oil. Place the patties and gently fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until brown.
Step B : Layer the burger
- Layer and assemble the burger. I used vegan mayo + lettuce + patty + tomatoes + baby pickles + fried onions.
- The nutrition chart only contains the macros from the burger patties.
If you liked this Vegan Lentil Burger recipe, check out this delicious Smashed Roasted Garlic Potatoes recipe I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Vegan, lentil burger, plant-based, healthy burger, whole masoor dal, brown lentils, protein-rich, simple ingredients, no-fry, quick and easy, delicious, savory, satisfying, family-favorite, meatless, vegan burger.