Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
Hi friends! I am excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite vegan cookie recipes: Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies.
I’ve published a lot of recipes on this blog, but this one has to be the most tried and tested. I have attempted to make these cookies multiple times, and sometimes they never spread well, while other times they came out too crispy on the outside. But finally, on the fifth try, I hit the jackpot, and the cookies came out perfectly: soft, chewy, and chocolaty.
What sets these cookies apart from others is the use of coconut oil instead of vegan butter. I wanted to avoid using vegan butter to make the recipe more accessible and to use everyday ingredients that most people have on hand.
Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup muscovado sugar (tightly packed)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons soy milk (see NOTE below for details)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil (see NOTE below for details)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (~100 gm.)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (~25 gm.)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (chopped)
- More dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, add muscovado sugar + powdered sugar + vanilla essence + soy milk + coconut oil. Mix well until smooth.
- Using a sieve, add all-purpose flour + cocoa powder + baking powder + baking soda + salt to the bowl.
- Gently fold and mix until the ingredients are well-combined (see video for reference).
- Add chopped dark chocolate and fold-mix some more.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop this dough and transfer it to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat the same for the remaining dough. You should be able to make around 8 dough balls in total (depending on the size of the scooper).
- Gently add (and press) dark chocolate chunks on top on each dough ball.
- Cover and seal the baking sheet with plastic wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- *After 1 hour* Remove the wrap and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C (355 F) for 15 minutes. If you like cookies that are crispy on the outside, you can bake for 2 additional minutes.
- Once baked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let it cool for 5-8 minutes. Once the cookies are warm to the touch, transfer to a cooling rack and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- That's it! Vegan double chocolate cookies are ready. Dunk in your favorite vegan milk and serve.
- 4 tablespoons of liquid is not always the same as 1/4 cup of liquid. So I recommend you measure using the tablespoons (not cups).
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
If you enjoyed this Vegan Double Chocolate Cookies recipe, check out this wonderful Vegan Nutella I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: vegan baking, soft cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies, baking recipes, Soft-baked, Everyday ingredients, Coconut oil, Cocoa powder, Dark chocolate, Chocolatey, Chewy, Simple recipe, Vegan butter alternative, Tried and tested recipe