This spiced broccoli potato curry can be served alongside rice, quinoa, roti, or naan. The classical Indian spices combined with ginger-garlic paste + pureed tomatoes brings out all the flavours – making this a great dinner idea.
Let’s do it! Video instructions below for your convenience. 🙂
Broccoli Potato Curry
Yield 4 cups
Indian-spiced broccoli potato curry.
Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 medium onion, quartered
- 1.5-inch ginger
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies
- 2 tablespoons water
Preparing ginger-garlic paste
- Add all the ginger-garlic paste ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to a saute pan. Once hot, add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Once they turn light brown, add chopped onion and saute until golden.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 3 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Add tomato puree, and salt. Mix well, cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Add steamed potatoes and broccoli. Again, mix them up and cook for 5 minutes over low-medium heat (with the lid covered).
- The final step is to stir in the coconut milk. Cover the lid and cook for 5 minutes over low-medium heat.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice, quinoa, roti, or naan. I used salads (diced raw mango + carrot slices + cucumber slices + lemon juice) with rice and curry and it tasted like heaven.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19.6 g
Total Carbohydrates 34.3 g
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 10.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.