Warning : Extremely fluffy and addicting vegan banana bread. Proceed at your own risk.
My first shot at making this was a huge success. To experiment further, I tried making the same bread with raw bananas in the 2nd attempt, but it didn’t turn out to be as fluffy and sweet. So make sure you use ripe bananas (over ripe is fine too).
Note : Tastes best when chilled.
Vegan Banana Bread
Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F).
- Add bananas to a large mixing bowl and mash them using a fork.
- Next add vanilla extract and powdered sugar. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well until the batter turns smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a parchment-lined bread mold (also called "loaf pan").
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 C (350 F). Check the doneness using a toothpick.