We tried the sweet and sour tamarind lemonade and LOVED it. Here is the recipe. Really easy to prepare. Serves best when chilled. We recommend you use soda water (or sparkling water) but normal water will do just as well.
Tamarind Lemonade Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons jaggery or maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1.5 tablespoons tamarind paste
- Slices of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 4 cups icy soda or sparkling water, or just plain water
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until the juice turns dark.
Normal table salt tasted really boring so I used himalayan pink salt in this lemonade. Totally worth it. Huge props to UrbanPlatter for their top notch himalayan pink salt. They have recently opened a separate Vegan gourmet category in their store, and it's a vegan's paradise. You should check them out.