5-ingredients vegan date caramel under 5 minutes. Thick, creamy, and sweet to the core.
The secret to a great caramel lies in the type of dates you’re using. Soft and sticky dates (like Medjool, or Persian dates) make it really creamy.
Vegan Date Caramel
- 1/2 cup dates pitted
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Soak 1/2 cup pitted dates in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Add the soaked (and drained) dates to a food processor along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until thick and creamy.
- Soaking hard and firm dates in hot water makes them soft and hence easier to blend. This also makes the caramel really creamy.
- To adjust the thickness of your caramel, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- You can store the caramel (in an air-tight container) in the fridge for 5-6 days.