A delicious bowl of mediterranean style vegan couscous salad with cajun-spiced roasted cauliflower.
This combo is turned out so good: the sweet, fresh, juicy taste of salad somehow blends perfectly with the spiced and roasted cauli.
Vegan Couscous Salad
To prepare couscous,
- 1 cup couscous
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1.25 cups boiling water
To prepare dressing,
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- Salt and pepper
To prepare salad,
- 1/2 cup cooked red beans
- 1/2 cup cooked green peas
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup pomegranate
To roast cauliflower,
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoon cajun spice seasoning
Step A : Prepare couscous
- In a large bowl, add couscous + salt + pepper + extra virgin olive oil + boiling water.
- Mix well and let it rest for 10 minutes, or until the couscous puffs up.
- *After 10 minutes* Gently fluff it up using a fork and set aside.
Step B : Prepare the dressing
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the dressing ingredients : extra virgin olive oil + lemon juice + garlic + salt + pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
Step C : Prepare the salad
- To the couscous bowl, add red beans + green peas + cucumber + bell peppers + cilantro + pomegranate + salad dressing.
- Mix well and transfer to a fridge and chill (until the cauliflower is ready).
Step D : Roast the cauliflower
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower florets + extra virgin olive oil + cajun spice seasoning. Toss and coat. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake at 180 C (350 F) for 25 minutes, or until it's properly roasted.
Step E : Enjoy
- You delicious vegan couscous salad and roasted cauli is ready. Plate up and enjoy!