Cold Tahini Noodle Salad
Hi, folks! I’ve been enjoying this noodle salad for quite a while now and wanted to share the recipe with you. It’s served cold and makes the perfect summer meal.
This dish has all the essential Asian flavors we all love – it’s sweet, tangy, garlicky, gingery, sesame-y…you name it!
You can use just about any type of noodle you’d like in this recipe – rice, udon, soba, or shirataki.
I used Soba noodle as it holds a good texture upon cooking and is easier to work with.
As for the salad, I used veggies like frozen peas, green beans, cucumber, red cabbage, and green onions. It’s super versatile so feel free to match the noodle with your fav salad veggies.
Alright enough talks, let’s get cooking! 🙂
Cold Tahini Noodle Salad
- 5 oz. (150 gm.) soba noodle, or any noodle you like
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small cucumber (chopped)
- 1 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame
- Set a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 4-5 cups of water + salt and bring it to a boil.
- Add noodles and **undercook** by around 2 minutes (according to the package instructions).
- Add green beans + frozen peas and cook for 2 minutes (or until the noodles are done). We want the beans to be 'just crunchy' so 2 minutes is more than enough.
- Turn off the heat. Using a sieve, immediately transfer everything to a bowl-ful of ice-cold water. Set aside.
- Time to prepare the dressing. In a large bowl, add all the dressing ingredients - tahini + garlic + ginger + maple syrup + soy sauce + rice vinegar + toasted sesame oil + extra virgin olive oil + pepper + lemon juice.
- Using a whisker, combine everything until thick and creamy. Add 2 tablespoons of water and combine again until smooth. You can adjust this water content to your liking. Set aside.
- Back to the noodles. Drain and transfer the noodles onto a large bowl. Add cucumber + red cabbage + green onion + cilantro + toasted sesame.
- Next, add the dressing and gently mix everything using tongs.
- That's it, cold tahini noodle salad is ready. Plate up, and enjoy!
If you liked this Cold Tahini Noodle Salad recipe, check out this delicious Peanut Sauce Udon Noodles I posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from our blog, check out Gaz Oakley’s Avant-Garde Vegan and his incredible Vietnamese Style Meatballs recipe.
If you’d like to support me (thank you!), do check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook, or my just-launched XXL-Sized Blank Vegan Recipe Notebook. You can write/document 120 of your favorite vegan recipes in it.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂