Vegan Omelet Recipe
It’s amazing how chickpea flour + all-purpose flour make these smell and taste like “real” omelet. I topped mine with cherry tomatoes, spinach, and sauteed garlic. Breakfast was delicious.
Black salt is the magic ingredient to prepare this vegan omelet. It gives a sulphur like eggy taste (and smell) to it. I highly recommend using it.
Lets cook! [Check out the video below for detailed instructions.]
Yield 2 omelet
Delicious vegan omelet recipe.
- Add the chickpea flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add 3/4 cup water and stir until the mixture is runny.
- Mix in chopped bell peppers and chopped onion. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium flame. Add 1 teaspoon oil and coat well.
- Once hot, add the batter. Make sure the batter is spread evenly across the pan (do not mix/stir).
- Close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes on low-medium heat settings.
- Flip and cook the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Top it off with sauteed garlic, cooked spinach, cherry tomatoes, and black pepper. Enjoy!
* Black salt is the recommended magic ingredient, do not skip this 🙂
Serving Size 2 omelettes
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 8.3 g
Total Carbohydrates 52 g
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
Protein 15.4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.