Vegan Bounty Bars
Hello friends! This is a short and simple recipe for homemade vegan bounty bars.
Bounty bars are chocolate-covered sweets with soft and sweet coconut ‘base’ on the inside.
It’s really easy to put together with minimal ingredients and a little effort – and is as good as the packaged version.
Vegan Bounty Bars
- Set a pan over low-medium heat. Add coconut milk + vanilla extract + sugar. Stir until the sugar is dissolved (around 4 minutes).
- Add desiccated coconut and stir until the liquid is absorbed (around 5-6 minutes).
- Turn off the heat and transfer everything to a bowl. Let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Scoop around 2 tablespoons of this coconut mixture and give it the shape of a 'bar' (see video for reference). Transfer to baking sheet. Repeat the same for the remaining mixture and let everything chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- As the coconut base is being chilled, let's prepare the chocolate layer. Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add around 3/4 cup water. Place a borosilicate glass bowl on top (make sure the water does not touch the glass).
- Add chopped dark chocolate + coconut oil to the bowl. Gently fold and mix until they're melted and well-combined. Turn off the heat and remove-place the bowl on a countertop.
- Time to coat. Place one now-chilled coconut bar into the chocolate bowl and coat well. Transfer it to a sheet. Repeat the same for the remaining bars.
- Transfer the sheet back into the fridge and let it chill for 1 hour.
- Vegan bounty bars is ready. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, check out this delicious Easy Vegan Chocolate Cake I posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from our blog, check out Caitlin’s From My Bowl and her incredible Classic Vegan Chocolate Pudding recipe.