Juiciest Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Slider that’s ready in 15 minutes. This has to be our favorite jackfruit recipe, ever.
Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Slider
To prepare coleslaw,
- 1.5 cups shredded mixed cabbage (red and white)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard paste (or dijon mustard)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
To prepare jackfruit,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 cups jackfruit (boiled or canned)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegan BBQ sauce
Step A : Prepare the coleslaw
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the coleslaw ingredients : cabbage + carrot + salt + pepper + mustard paste (or dijon mustard) + lemon juice + brown sugar + vegan mayonnaise.
- Mix well and let it chill in the fridge.
Step B : Prepare the jackfruit
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add onion and stir-saute until light brown.
- Add the boiled (or canned) jackfruit + salt + pepper + red chili powder + smoked paprika + garlic powder. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minute over low-medium heat.
- Next, add water + vegan BBQ sauce. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes over low-medium heat, or until excessive liquid is absorbed and the mixture is nice and juicy.
Step C : Assemble
- Time to assemble the slider. Toast some buns and layer it up with the coleslaw, jackfruit, and some pickled onion on top. Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Slider is ready!