Vegan Banana Chocolate Bread that makes the perfect use of ripe (and overripe) bananas.
This sweet, fluffy, and chocolaty bread is ready in just 60 minutes.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Bread
- 4 bananas (ripe)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup oil (any neutral oil)
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 gm (3.5 oz) dark chocolate (cut into chunks)
Step A: Prepare the wet mixture
- Add bananas to a large mixing bowl. Mash them (using a masher) until 'liquidy'.
- Add all the remaining wet ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
Step A: Prepare the dry mixture
- To a large (separate) bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
Step C : Mix
- Pour wet mixture over the dry one. Using a spatula, fold and mix until everything is well-incorporated (and you don't see dry flour patches - please see video for reference).
- Now add the chocolate chunks and fold-mix again.
Step D : Bake
- Brush a baking loaf pan (we used a 10-inch pan) with a bit of oil. Then pour in the batter. Even the surface using a spatula.
- Slice a whole banana in two and place them on top. Also sprinkle some chocolate chunks on top.
- Pop it in the preheated oven and bake at 180 C (356 F) for 60 minutes, or until's it's done. You pierce the center of the bread using a small knife to check for doneness.
- Vegan Banana Chocolate Bread is ready. Slice it up and enjoy!