Our take on the ‘traditional’ hot chocolate turned great. We’re calling it Spiced Hot Chocolate and it is perfect for winter!
At first, we simply experimented with a couple of spices….then ended up using 9 ingredients in total. 🙂
But don’t worry, they’re all super basic ingredients.
Spiced Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add all the ingredients and stir well using a whisker until the lumps are gone.
- Bring it to a gentle simmer (do not boil). Turn off the heat and serve hot.