Spiced Date Bites
Hi friends! Are you tired of the same old boring snacks? Mix things up with these delicious and easy-to-make Spiced Date Bites.
These date bites come together in just 8 minutes and are the perfect sweet treat to satisfy your cravings. Made with simple ingredients like dates, almonds, and warm spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger, these bites are not only delicious but also packed with nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids from flax meal, calcium from sesame seeds and antioxidants from cocoa powder.
They are perfect to take on the go, to pack in your lunch box, or to enjoy as an evening snack. With this recipe, you won’t have to choose between taste and health anymore, you can have both!
Spiced Date Bites
- In a food processor, process all the ingredients except dates. Make sure the mixture is gritty (see video for reference).
- Add dates and process again until the mixture is sticky and 'lumpy'.
- Scoop around 1.5 tablespoonsful of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Repeat the same for the remaining mixture. You should be able to make around 24-25 of these balls.
- Roll and coat half of these balls with desiccated coconut, and the remaining half with cocoa powder.
- Enjoy! You can store these bites (air-sealed) in the fridge for about 8-10 days.
If you enjoyed this Spiced Date Bites recipe, check out this delicious Vegan Coconut Bounty Bites recipe I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Date Bites, 8-minute, simple ingredients, Almonds, Dates, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger, healthy snack, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, calcium, Omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, naturally sweetened, delicious, easy to make, nutritious, perfect for snacks