Potato lovers, you’re in for a treat!
These smashed roasted garlic potatoes make a delightful snack. Brown and crunchy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.
We used baby potatoes in this recipe as it’s easier to smash them, and the roasting time is less compared to normal potatoes. Plus they taste absolutely delicious!
Smashed Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- 500 gm. baby potatoes (18 oz.)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Boil the potatoes for 10-12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a chopping board.
- Using the bottom of a cup, lightly smash the potatoes and flatten them. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine extra virgin olive oil + garlic + chili flakes + Italian herbs + cilantro + salt + pepper.
- Using a silicone brush, coat the smashed potatoes with the oil mixture.
- Transfer the coated potatoes to a baking sheet and bake at 180 C / 350 F for 20-25 minutes, or until the outer edge is golden-brown and crispy.
- Dip it in your fav sauce and serve.
- We used BBQ Mayonnaise (basically BBQ Sauce and Mayonnaise mixed together) as the dipping sauce. Peri-Peri Mayonnaise also tastes A+.