Simple Orange Cake
Hello friends! Our previous posts on desserts have been getting some huge engagements and we wanted to follow up on that momentum with another one.
Presenting simple, easy, 10-ingredient vegan orange cake. Made with the freshest of oranges, this is an amazing bake for your sweet tooth.
The procedure is straightforward. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until smooth, transfer to parchment-lined baking pan, and bake.
I also made this incredibly delicious frosting to go with the cake. For this, I used (full fat) coconut cream. A bit of orange zest helped amp up the flavor even more.
Let’s go! 😊
Simple Orange Cake
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream (chilled)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Pistachios (chopped)
- Orange peel
- Mint leaves
- Sift all-purpose flour + baking powder + baking soda + cinnamon + powdered sugar + salt to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add orange juice + oil + orange zest + vanilla extract to the bowl. Whisk well until smooth.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking pan and bake at 160 C / 320 F for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and let it sit for 5-8 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan and transfer to a cake stand.
- Time to make the frosting. To a mixing bowl, add chilled coconut cream + powdered sugar + orange zest. Using an electric beater, beat until everything is nice and fluffy.
- Gently and evenly spread this frosting on top of the cake.*
- Garnish with chopped pistachios + orange peel + mint leaves. Your orange cake is now ready. Enjoy!
- *Note: You can double the frosting and completely cover the cake - if you want.
If you liked this Simple Orange Cake recipe, check out this delicious No-Bake Vegan Mango Cheesecake I posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from Veganbell, check out It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken’s Perfect Vegan Sugar Cookies recipe.