Shirataki Pad Thai
Gluten-free, sweet, sour, and spicy shirataki pad thai that makes an excellent vegan lunch/dinner option.
Shirataki Pad Thai
For the dressing:
For the pad thai:
- 500 gm. shirataki noodles / konjac (18 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 gm. firm tofu (7 oz.) - cut into cubes
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 2 medium bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 medium carrot (julienned)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted peanuts (chopped - to garnish)
- 2 lime wedges (to garnish)
Step A: Prepare the dressing
- In a mason jar, add all the dressing ingredients: coconut aminos + coconut sugar + lemon juice + tamarind paste + chili oil + toasted sesame oil + salt + pepper. Seal the jar and mix well to combine. Dressing is ready. Set aside.
Step B : Prepare the pad thai
- Rinse the packaged shirataki noodles a couple of times and drain. Set aside for a while.
- Set a large cooking pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add the cubed tofu and stir-fry on all sides, or until golden.
- Remove the tofu and set it aside.
- Add garlic + onion to the pan and stir-sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until they're slightly brown.
- Add sliced bell pepper + julienned carrots and stir-cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the (now drained) shirataki noodles + fried tofu + dressing to the pan.
- Mix really well and cook for 2-3 minutes. In my experience, it's super easy to mix using tongs.
- Add freshly chopped green onions + cilantro and mix some more.
- Pad thai is now ready. Transfer to serving bowl(s) and garnish with chopped toasted peanuts, with a lime wedge on the side. Enjoy!
If you liked this Vegan Shirataki Pad Thai recipe, check out this delicious Peanut Sauce Udon Noodles recipe I posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from Veganbell, check out OneGreenPlanet’s comforting Vegan Chick’n Noodle Soup recipe.
If you’d like to support me (thank you!), do check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂