Rice Puffs Chatpate
Muri, or Chatpate or Rice Puffs snack is a popular street food in Nepal & India. It’s oil-free, full of veggies, light, spicy, and surprisingly crunchy.
Chatpate is so easy to put together. Just prepare the ingredients (mostly dicing and chopping the veggies), toss them in a large bowl, give them a quick mix, and you’re done!
Let’s make some delicious chatpate!
Rice Puffs Chatpate Recipe
Delicious vegan rice puffs chatpate recipe.
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup carrot diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes boiled
- 1/2 cup yellow peas cooked
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- 2.5 cups puffed rice
- Add all the ingredients (except puffed rice) to a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the puffed rice. Give it a gentle stir and serve. [Adding rice in the later stage retains its crunchiness.]
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out this Quinoa Tabbouleh. It’s a middle eastern salad (like Chatpate) filled with LOTS of parsley, mint, tomatoes….and Quinoa!