Quinoa Chickpea Buddha Bowl with Zucchini & Bok Choy
I stir-fried cooked chickpea with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Drizzled tahini-lemon dressing on top and this quickly became my fav nourish/buddha bowl. 🙂
It’s incredibly easy (although not the quickest recipe), so filling and super yum!
Quinoa Chickpea Buddha Bowl
To prepare quinoa salad,
To prepare chickpeas,
To prepare zucchini + bok choy
Step A: Prepare quinoa salad
- Rinse quinoa a couple of times. Transfer to a saucepan. Add 1 cup of water. Cover the pan and let it cook for 15-18 minutes, or until the quinoa is done.
- In a large mixing bowl, add lemon juice + salt + pepper + extra virgin olive oil. Mix well. Then add cooked quinoa + bell peppers. Mix again and set aside.
Step B : Prepare (sauté) chickpeas
- Set a sauté pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add the cooked chickpeas + smoked paprika + garlic powder + salt + pepper.
- Stir-saute for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Transfer the chickpeas to a separate bowl and set aside.
Step C : Prepare zucchini + bok choy
- Set the (same) pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic and stir-sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until golden.
- Next, add zucchini and stir-sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until it's skin turns light brown.
- Now add bok choy + soy sauce + rice vinegar + salt + pepper + sugar and stir-cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
Step D : Prepare tahini-lemon dressing
- In a mixing bowl, add all the dressing ingredients. Mix well until smooth. Set aside.
Step E : Assemble
- Assemble quinoa salad + chickpeas + zucchini-bok choy to a serving bowl. Drizzle tahini-dressing on top. Quinoa Chickpea Buddha Bowl is ready.
If you liked this Quinoa Chickpea Buddha Bowl, check out this delicious Farro Buddha Bowl recipe we posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from our blog, check out Maša and Michael’s The Minimalist Vegan and their ingenious Three Ways Vegan Buddha Bowl. 🙂