Peanut Sauce Udon Noodles is creamy and spicy noodles with mushroom and broccoli as vegetables. The peanut sauce makes this dish absolutely DIVINE.
Peanut Sauce Udon Noodles
To Boil Noodles,
- 3.5 oz udon noodles (100 gm.)
- 3 cups water
To Prepare Peanut Sauce,
Boil The Noodles
- Heat water in a large saucepan. Add salt. Once it starts to boil, add noodles. Give it a quick stir and boil for 9-12 minutes (or as instructed in the packaging).
- Once it's boiled, turn off the heat and drain. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and gently mix using 2 forks. This prevents the noodles from sticking (and drying out) while we're preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Prepare The Peanut Sauce
- In a mixing bowl, add all the peanut sauce ingredients. Stir and mix until smooth. If you're using crunchy peanut butter (like I have) you might have to stir it vigorously. Set aside.
- Set a saute pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add ginger + garlic and stir-saute until golden, around 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushroom + broccoli and stir-saute for 1-2 minutes. Pour in 2 tablespoons of water. Cover the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the boiled noodles + carrots + peanut sauce. Gently fold and mix until the noodles are completely coated with the sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot or cold.