Crispy and tasty Onion Fritters (Pyaaz Pakoda) that are pretty easy to prepare – mix all the ingredients, scoop ‘x’ amount of the mixture and deep-fry (or shallow fry). That’s it!
Serve hot with ketchup, or chutneys.
- 1 medium potato grated
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 cup coriander chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (As you're mixing them, lightly squeeze the mixture so as to release the juices from onions and potatoes)
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and shallow-fry until one side turns golden brown. Then flip and fry the other side until it too turns golden brown.
- Transfer the fritters onto a paper towel. Serve them hot with ketchup.