Crispy and delicious Onion Fritter (Pyaaz Pakoda) that’s super easy to prepare: Mix & combine all the ingredients, scoop ~2 tablespoons of the mixture, and deep-fry.
I like to enjoy my pakodas with Imli Chutney and Cilantro Chutney, but you can also try them with ketchup.
Let’s go! 🙂
- 1 medium potato grated
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (As you mix them, squeeze the potato and onion to release their juices). This juice + flour will help 'bind' the mixture.
- Scoop around 2 tablespoons of the mixture and deep-fry until golden-brown on all sides.
- Transfer the fritters onto a paper towel. Serve them hot with ketchup or your favorite chutney.
Enjoyed this recipe? Check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook for more!
Thanks for stopping by!
Keywords: indian, vegan, gluten-free, pyaz pakoda, pyaaz pakoda, vegan fritters, deep fried recipes, onion fritters