Our one-pot rendition of the classic Spaghetti Aglio e Olio recipe turned out so good that we immediately started working on this blog post.
If you’re unfamiliar with Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, it’s an Italian dish primarily consisting of spaghetti, garlic, olive oil, and parsley.
Unlike the original dish, we’ll be cooking (raw) spaghetti together with sauteed garlic-chili flakes mixture.
One Pot Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- Spaghetti pasta for 1 serving (adjust for multiple servings)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Handful of cilantro / parsley (freshly chopped)
- Set a large, thick-bottomed pan over low-medium heat.
- Add extra virgin olive oil + garlic + chili flakes.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes, or until the garlic is golden.
- Add salt + water + spaghetti. Give it a quick mix.
- Cover the pan, turn up the heat to medium, and bring it to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, remove the cover and stir continuously for 4-5 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked, and around half of the liquid is absorbed / evaporated.
- Next, add lemon juice + pepper + freshly chopped cilantro.
- Continue stirring for 2-3 minutes, or until much of the liquid is evaporated and emulsified. You're looking for a thick, saucy mixture at this point.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot.