This is one of the easiest recipes you can make with tofu. And it’s really really good. You can make the tofu crunchy by just sprinkling powdered corn flakes on top.
Roasted Tofu with Peanut Sauce
Yield 3 cups
1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
250 gm. (or 9 oz.) firm Tofu, cubed
1/2 teaspoon Oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 teaspoons sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup water
- Heat a skillet (or frying pan) over low-medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once hot, add the cubed tofu and spread them out evenly in the pan.
- Saute until golden brown on all sides. (Use tongs to turn the tofus. I used a spoon, but it worked 🙂 )
- Once golden brown, transfer the tofu to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon oil to the same pan. Same low-medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and chopped onions and saute until golden.
- Then add vinegar, soy sauce, chilli flakes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir well and cook for 10 seconds.
- Add peanut butter and mix continuously until it combines with the rest of the ingredients. (This took sooooo long.)
- Stir in 1/4 cup water. Mix well and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Once thick, add the fried tofu back to the pan. Coat well.
- Your tofu + peanut sauce is ready. To make it crunchy, simply sprinkle powdered cornflakes on top. Enjoy! 🙂
Serving Size 3 cups
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 46.4 g
Total Carbohydrates 39.6 g
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 34 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.