Leftover Rainbow Rice w/Chutney
If you’re looking for a tasty and healthy alternative to traditional fried rice, then this rainbow rice recipe is just for you.
Filled with a colorful mix of vegetables, it packs a nutritional punch while also being a fun and delicious meal. The recipe is easy to make, and you can use any vegetables you have on hand, making it a great way to use up leftovers.
And to make it even more scrumptious, a homemade tomato-sesame chutney is included that bring the flavor to the next level. Perfect for a quick lunch or dinner, and a great way to add more veggies to your diet, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
To prepare chutney
To prepare rainbow rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 inch ginger (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 green chilies (minced)
- 2 cups common mushroom (sliced)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrot (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced cabbage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cups leftover rice
- 1/2 cup green onion
Step A: Prepare chutney
- In a blender, add all the chutney ingredients. Blend until 'creamy'. Transfer to a bowl and let it chill in the fridge.
Step B: Prepare rice
- Set a thick-bottomed saute pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add the minced ginger + garlic + chilies and stir-saute for 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and stir-saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Next, add onion and stir-saute for 1 minute.
- Now, add carrots + green peas + bell peppers + cabbage + salt + pepper. Mix well and stir-cook for 5-6 minutes, or until excess moisture is gone and they're lightly 'fried'.
- Add leftover rice + soy sauce + vinegar. Mix well.
- Turn up the heat to high and stir-cook for 4-5 minutes, or until excess moisture is gone.
- Turn off the heat. Sprinkle freshly chopped green onion and give it a quick stir.
- Rainbow rice is ready. Serve it hot alongside tomato-sesame chutney. 🙂
If you liked this Rainbow Rice, check out this CREAMY Vegan Mushroom Risotto recipe we posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Rainbow rice, fried rice alternative, colorful vegetables, easy to make, homemade tomato-sesame chutney, nutritious, customizable, leftovers, quick lunch, dinner, healthy meal, fun and delicious, tasty, recipe, veggie rice