Quick, easy, and baked Kidney Bean Patties that you can enjoy as burger, or with sauce/dips.
Kidney Bean Patties
Quick & easy Kidney Bean Patties recipe.
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup oat flour
Step A : Cook the kidney beans (skip to step 5 if you're using canned beans)
- Soak kidney beans in water for 8 hours or overnight.
- *After 8 hours* Drain and transfer the beans to a jiggletop / stovetop / electric pressure cooker. Add 3 cups of water + 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Secure the lid and seal the valve.For jiggletop pressure cooker, cook over medium heat for 5-6 whistles. For stovetop pressure cooker, cook over medium heat for 20 minutes after it indicates high pressure.For electric pressure cooker, set the timer to 25 minutes on HIGH PRESSURE.
- Once it's cooked, do a quick pressure release. Open the lid and drain.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mash it up using a potato masher. Set aside.
Step B : Saute (and then blend)
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic + onion and stir-saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion's translucent.
- Now, add peas and stir-cook for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer this mixture to a blender.
- Add lemon juice + nutritional yeast + paprika + salt + pepper to the blender. Blend to a paste.
Step C : Shape them into patties
- Transfer this paste to the large bowl (that contains mashed Kidney Beans). Add oat flour and mix well using your hands.
- Scoop a portion of this mixture and shape it into a round patty. Depending on the size, you should be able to make 5-6 patties. Transfer the patties to a tray.
Step D : Freeze (optional) and then bake
- Chill the patties for 3-4 hours (optional). Brush the top with a bit of olive oil. Then bake for 40 minutes at 230 C (450 F), flipping halfway.
- Kidney bean patties is ready.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 562mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 4mg