Potato lovers, you’ve got to try this simple and easy stir-fried potatoes aka Jeera Aloo. The steps are super easy – Just boil the potatoes, stir-fry them with cumin seeds and a couple of distinct spices, and sprinkle chopped cilantro (or green onions) on top. The result is nothing but delicious!
I used two classical Indian spices, Asafoetida (also known as Hing) and Dried Mango Powder (also known as Amchur) to flavor up the potatoes.
I like to serve them alone. But feel free to try them with your rotis, naans, or rice. Let’s do this!
Delicious Jeera Aloo (Stir-Fried Potatoes)
- Wash, skin, and cut the potatoes into medium chunks.
- Transfer them to your Instant Pot or Stovetop Pressure Cooker. Add 1 cup of water and cook for 4 minutes on High (for instant pot) OR for 4-5 whistles (for stovetop pressure cooker).
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add oil. Once it's hot, add cumin and let it splutter until light brown.
- Add onion + asafoetida. Stir and stir for 2 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add turmeric, cayenne pepper, coriander powder, salt, and dried mango powder. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the boiled potatoes and mix them gently with the spices.
- Sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro and mix some more.
- Your Jeera Aloo is ready! Serve over rice, wraps, or by itself like I do. 😉
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂