Quick and delicious Instant Pot Rice Pudding (Kheer) that’s super sweet, rich, and creamy. Simply a set-&-forget recipe that tastes best when chilled.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 4 cups plant-based milk (almond/soy/cashew)
- 8 saffron strands
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Rinse basmati rice a few times or until the water runs clean. Transfer it to a large bowl and add 2 cups of hot water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- *After 30 minutes* Drain and transfer the rice to your Instant Pot. Add all the remaining ingredients (except Nutmeg Powder). Mix well.
- Close the lid, seal the valve, and set the timer to 20 minutes over High Pressure. Once the timer's up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 8-10 minutes.
- Open the lid, and give it a quick mix. Add nutmeg powder and stir well.
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding is ready. Garnish with chopped nuts and rose petals. Serve hot or chilled (the pudding thickens up as it cools down, and tastes best when chilled).
- We'd love to see your recreation of this pudding. Do share with us @veganbell24 on Instagram. Thanks for visiting Veganbell!