Iced Lemon Tea
Hi friends! Summer is here and it’s time to cool off with a refreshing and delicious drink. Iced Lemon Tea is a simple yet tasty recipe that requires only 5 ingredients and can be made in a matter of minutes.
Not only is this combination delicious, but it’s also healthy. Tea contains antioxidants, which are beneficial for overall health, and the lemon provides a boost of Vitamin C, which helps to support the immune system.
It’s perfect for a hot summer day, or any time you need a refreshing pick-me-up.
Iced Lemon Tea
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 teaspoons loose tea leaves (or 4 tea bags - see NOTES)
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Maple Syrup / or Stevia - see NOTES)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Lemon slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Add water in a saucepan and add the loose tea leaves + sugar. Bring it to a boil (keep boiling for about a minute).
- Strain and bring it down to room temperature (or you can simply refrigerate).
- Once it's cooled, add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving glass (with ice cubes). Garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves. You can also crush the leaves and mix it with the tea, if you like.
- Serve chilled.
- If you're using tea bags, just pour hot water over the bags and let it steep for 3-4 minutes. You can steep it longer if you want a stronger taste. Remove the tea bags, add sugar, and mix well. Let it cool. Then continue from step 3.
- You can easily replace sugar with the same quantity of Maple Syrup. If you want it sugar-free, you can use the desired amount of stevia.
If you enjoyed this Iced Lemon Tea recipe, check out this delicious 2-Ingredient Vegan Mango Ice Cream I posted earlier.
If you like to support me and my work, check out my Indian Vegan Cookbook (and all my upcoming cookbooks) on Qookbooks.com, where I teach you how to make 64 delicious Indian plant-based recipes ranging from rice, dals, curries, breads, desserts, and more!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Keywords: Lemon tea, Ice tea, Sweet and tangy tea, Easy tea recipe, Summer drink, Refreshment, Vitamin C, Antioxidant, Lemon juice, Tea combination, Tasty tea, Healthy drink, Cold tea, Iced tea, Lemon and tea, Tea and lemon, Tangy tea, Natural sweetness, Aromatic tea, Perfect balance of flavors, summer drink