Golden tofu veggie curry that’s hearty, healthy, and so delicious!
This is essentially a one-pot recipe and it’s incredibly easy to put together.
Perfect side dish for your rice, naan, or any flatbreads.
Golden Tofu Veggie Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 medium potato chopped
- 1 teaspoon jaggery (or sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 18 oz. tofu (250 gm.), cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Set a pan (preferably deep) over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it’s hot, add garlic + ginger + onion and stir-saute for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion’s golden.
- Add tomato puree + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + Kashmiri red chili powder + salt + pepper. Mix well, cover the pan, and cook for 3-4 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Next, add carrots + green peas + cauliflower florets + potatoes + jaggery powder + water.a
- Mix well. Cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Uncover the pan and add tofu + coconut milk. Stir gently.
- Cover the pan, turn down the heat to low-medium, and simmer for 15 minutes (stir occasionally).
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle garam masala + freshly chopped cilantro. Give everything a gentle mix. Serve hot over rice.