Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies
Hi friends! I’m starting to include more and more gluten-free recipes on Veganbell.
I hope you’ll enjoy all the diverse dishes I post here. 🙂
These DELICIOUS gluten-free vegan thumbprint cookies are (primarily) made using oat flour and almond flour. I used coconut nectar as a sweetener, but you can use just about any other liquid sweeteners like maple syrup.
I used multiple fruit jams like orange jam, black grape jam, and this homemade strawberry-chia jam as the filling. You can also use chocolate-hazelnut spread.
Vegan Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- To a mixing bowl, add coconut syrup (or maple syrup) + peanut butter + soy milk + vanilla extract + salt. Mix well.
- Once everything is well-combined, add oat flour + almond flour + baking powder + baking soda. Stir and mix using a spatula until a dough is formed.
- Let it chill for 25-30 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop around 1 tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a flattened, spherical disc (see video for reference). Make sure there isn't any crack while doing this. Transfer it to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the dough.
- Using your thumb, gently press down to make a small 'well' in the center. Repeat the same for the rest. Then fill up these well with jam.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C / 355 F for 14 minutes.
- Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet to firm up. Then transfer to cooling rack. Gluten-free thumbprint cookies are now ready. Enjoy!
- The dough should be allowed to chill for at least 25 minutes so that you can shape them without cracking.
- The nutritional chart does not contain macros from the fruit jams.
If you liked this Vegan Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies recipe check out this delicious Matcha-Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies I posted earlier.
If you enjoy reading and cooking from Veganbell, check out Liv B and her incredible Cardamom Pistachio Double Chocolate Cookies recipe.