Wholesome farro buddha bowl with farro salad + sauteed tofu + stir-fried mushrooms & bell peppers + baked potatoes + guacamole.
Simple ingredients, and pretty easy and straightforward recipe.
Farro Buddha Bowl
- Baked potatoes. Recipe, here!
- 1 cup farro
- Salt & Pepper (as desired)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked green peas (use fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
Step A : Soak the farro
- Rinse and soak farro in hot water for 15 minutes. As it is being soaked, proceed to Step B.
Step B: Bake the potatoes
- Baking the potatoes takes 40 to 45 minutes. So it's only wise to go ahead with this step. Please find the recipe here. As it is being baked, let's go to step C.
Step C : Prepare stir-fried veggies
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic and stir-saute for 20-30 seconds.
- Next, add the mushrooms and stir-cook for 4-5 minutes, or until it's wilted and changes the color to dark.
- Then add the bell peppers and stir-cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it softens a bit.
- Add salt + pepper + soy sauce + vinegar + sugar. Mix well.
- Stirring often, cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle the green onions. Mix well. Turn off the heat and transfer everything to a bowl.
Step D : Cook the farro
- Set a saucepan over medium heat. Add the soaked (and drained) farro + 2 cups of water.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until its soft and chewy. Drain and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Step E : Prepare guacamole
Step F : Sauté tofu
- Tofu will retain its crispiness when served hot. So I suggest you make this at the end. Please find the recipe here.
Step G : Assemble
- Assemble buddha bowl to your liking. Take some pictures, share it with us @veganbell24 on Instagram, and enjoy your delicious & nutritious bowl of vegan meal.