Easy vegan broccoli soup that’s super healthy and can be made with minimal ingredients and minimal fuss.
We added potatoes and coconut milk to make the soup creamy (and of course, delicious).
We also used an Instant Pot to prepare this soup, but you can do this in your conventional pressure cooker, or even a saucepan really.
Easy Vegan Broccoli Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Set a saucepan / stewpot / electric pressure cooker over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic + onion + bay leaf and stir-saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Then add potatoes + broccoli and briefly saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water. Cover the pan / pot / cooker. For saucepan and stewpot, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked. For electric pressure cooker, press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set the timer to 5 minutes over HIGH PRESSURE.
- Once it's cooked, remove (and discard) the bay leaf and blend everything using an immersion blender. You can also use a stand blender (make sure to cool the mixture first).
- Once it's nice and creamy, add salt + pepper + coconut milk. Mix well.
- Garnish with steamed broccoli + sesame seeds + pumpkin seeds + chili flakes. Serve hot.