Easy to prepare Crispy Masala Aloo (basically fried & spiced potatoes) is here and it’s incredible.
Crispy Masala Aloo
Easy to prepare, vegan, crispy masala aloo (spiced fried potatoes) recipe.
Servings 3 people
- 1.5 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mango powder
- 5 large potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into bite-size pieces
- Oil to deep-fry
- In a mixing bowl, combine salt + pepper + onion powder + garlic powder + chili powder + dried mango powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add 5 cups of cold water (or tap water + ice cubes). Add potato pieces and let them soak for about an hour.
- *After 1 hour* Remove the potatoes and pat-dry using a paper towel.
- Set a cast-iron over high heat. Add oil to deep-fry.
- Once it's hot, turn down the heat to medium. Add the potatoes and deep-fry for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove the fried potatoes to a large bowl. Add about 2-3 tablespoons of the masala and toss to mix. You can save the rest of the masala for later use.
- Serve hot.
- Prior to deep-frying the potatoes, I soaked them in cold water for about an hour. This removes excess potato starch + prevents them from sticking together and also makes them crispier.
- Don’t forget to dry them before you dip them in hot oil. A simple pat-dry using a paper towel works well.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 3522mg | Potassium: 1300mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 198IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg