Quick, easy, creamy pumpkin soup recipe (with garlic-toasted croutons). Perfect for fall and winter.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Vegan, quick, easy, creamy pumpkin soup recipe.
To prepare soup,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 18 oz. (500 gm.) pumpkin
- 1.5 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any plant milk of your choice)
To prepare croutons,
- Cubed bread
- Garlic salt
- Olive oil
- Set a pot over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic + onion + dried rosemary. Stir-saute for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion's translucent.
- Then add pumpkin + salt + pepper. Stir-cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water. Mix well. Cover the lid and cook for 18 minutes over medium heat.
- In the meantime, let's prepare the croutons. In a large mixing bowl, add cubed bread pieces + garlic salt + pepper + chopped cilantro + olive oil. Toss well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes at 180 C (356 F) - flip midway. Set aside.
- *Back to the pumpkin* Once the pumpkin is done, add plant milk and give it a mix. Then blend until the soup thick and creamy.
- Time to plate. Assemble pumpkin soup - drizzle coconut milk - add the croutons - and garnish with chili flakes + cilantro + sesame seeds. Serve hot.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Sodium: 134mg | Potassium: 1215mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 21721IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 6mg