Incredibly creamy pumpkin pasta (that’s also super cheesy!) you can prepare under 15 minutes.
It’s amazing how well pumpkin performs in this dish – it makes everything nice and creamy, and somehow doesn’t taste like pumpkin…at all.
Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- Chili flakes, to garnish
- In a blender, add soaked (and drained) cashews + pumpkin puree + garlic + salt + pepper + paprika + maple syrup + nutritional yeast + soy milk. Blend well until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Set a large pan over medium heat. Add vegan butter. Once it's hot, add dried rosemary and saute for 10 seconds. Then add all-purpose flour and mix-cook for 2 minutes, or until the lumps are gone.
- Stirring continuously, add the blended cashew-pumpkin mixture (in small portions). Mix well.
- Continue stirring and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Turn down the heat to low-medium and keep simmering for 2 minutes. Once it's thickened, add the cooked pasta and coat well.
- Creamy pumpkin pasta is ready. Garnish with chili flakes and serve hot.