Easy, delicious, filling, and super healthy corn bean salad.
We used sautéed corn kernels in this recipe. Grilled, roasted, or even boiled corn will taste just as good.
Corn Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups fresh corn (or sweet corn)
- 1/2 cup cooked red beans (or any bean of your choice)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeño
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium english cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add the dressing ingredients : olive oil + lemon juice + salt + pepper + garlic + smoked paprika. Mix well and set aside.
- Set a pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil + fresh corn + a bit of salt and pepper. Stir and saute for 5 minutes, or until the skin is slightly charred. Turn off the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn + cooked beans + onion + bell pepper + jalapeno + cherry tomatoes + cucumbers + cilantro.
- Pour the dressing on top and mix well. Adjust salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve.