No-cook, 6 ingredients vegan coconut bounty bites that are super rich in taste and texture.
The crunchy chocolate layer encapsulates the soft and sweet coconut filling – just like the bounty bites you find in stores.
You can of course give them the shape of ‘bars’. But I found that rolling them into balls is so much easier and it holds that firm shape.
Coconut Bounty Bites
- 2 cups coconut (desiccated)
- 1/4 cup sugar (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut butter *recipe in NOTES below*
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 5 oz. chocolate (around 150 gm.), melted
- In a large bowl, combine desiccated coconut + sugar + vanilla + coconut butter + coconut cream. Stir and mix until it turns into a lump. Keep in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- *After 10-15 minutes* Scoop a handful of the mixture and roll them into balls (the size of a golf ball)
- Melt chocolate in a microwave (or use the double-boiler method) and transfer it to a bowl.
- Dip the coconut balls in the melted chocolate and transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Store them in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- To prepare coconut butter, simply blend shredded coconut (or desiccated coconut) for 5-6 minutes or until creamy and oily.