Hearty, healthy, and delicious steel-cut cinnamon apple oat porridge that’s pressure-cooked and is ready in less than 10 minutes.
I used coconut milk in this recipe but feel free to use your fav non-dairy milk.
The instruction is pretty straight-forward – mix all the ingredients together, seal the lid, secure the valve, and cook.
Cinnamon Apple Oat Porridge
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 large apples (peeled and diced)
- 10 cashews (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to your pressure cooker. Give it a stir. Secure the lid and seal the valve.
- For electric pressure cooker, press MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) and set the timer to 4 MINUTES on HIGH PRESSURE.
- For stovetop pressure cooker, turn the heat up to high and when the cooker indicates it has reached high pressure, lower the heat to maintain it and begin counting 3 minutes pressure cooking time.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally (10-15 minutes). You can do a quick release too, if you wish.