We’ve been enjoying this Cilantro Pesto Pasta every once in a while and wanted to share it with you all.
It’s simple, easy to prepare, and so comforting.
Nutritional yeast complements the raw garlicky flavor and cilantro gives a burst of freshness to this pasta.
Cilantro Pesto Pasta
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (roasted)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pasta
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pasta water
- In a food processor, add cilantro + garlic + roasted sunflower seeds + nutritional yeast + salt + pepper + lemon juice.
- Process until the mixture turns grainy. Gradually add olive oil and continue processing until it starts to turn smooth. Set aside.
- Set a saucepan over high heat. Add 4 cups water + salt. Once it's hot, add pasta and cook for 12-15 minutes over medium heat (refer cooking time in the package of your pasta). Drain and set aside. Save 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Set a saute pan over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Once it's hot, add whole cherry tomatoes and saute until the skins start to wilt (about 1-2 minutes).
- Turn down the heat to low. Add cooked pasta + cilantro pesto + 1/4 cup pasta water. Mix well.