Easy vegan chow mein recipe where noodles are boiled, cooled, and then stir-fried with lots of vegetables.
Cabbage, carrots, bell peppers are some of the veggies that pair up really well with the chow mein. It’s generously spiced, mildly acidic + garlicky dish, and makes a delicious lunch or dinner.
Easy Vegan Chow Mein
- 7 oz. noodles, boiled (200 gm.)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 green chilies slit lengthwise
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Freshly chopped green onion
- Set a skillet over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once it's hot, add garlic, green chilies, and onion. Stir and saute until the onions turn translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, shredded cabbage, and sliced carrots. Stir and cook for 4-5 minutes until the cabbage starts to wilt.
- Next add the soy sauce, vinegar, red chili sauce, salt, pepper and mix well. Cook for 3 minutes over medium heat. Stir frequently.
- Add the cooked noodles and mix again to coat. (this takes quite a while - using a tong or 2 forks will help you mix faster).
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and green onions.