Presenting our new favorite breakfast, the Chocolate Quinoa Bowl.
Quinoa & chocolate might not sound like the best combination at first, but they team up to make an incredible dish.
Top it up with your favorite fruits and you’ll want to make this again.
Chocolate Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 2.5 cups soy milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Banana sliced
- Papaya sliced
- Kiwi sliced
- Add quinoa + soy milk in a saucepan. Set the heat to low and cook for 18-20 minutes or until the quinoa is completely cooked (cover the saucepan with a lid - important).
- Add cocoa powder + maple syrup + salt. Mix well, cover the lid, and cook for 2 more minutes over low heat.
- Turn off the heat, transfer the quinoa to a serving bowl, and top it off with your fav fruits.
- The nutritional chart doesn't include the values from the fruits/toppings.