Carrot pickle makes a great addition to your rice-curries, roti-curries, or any Indian dishes in general. It is crunchy, slightly tangy, has a delicious ‘mustard’ taste.
- 5 carrots sliced lengthwise
- 4 chilies slit lengthwise
- 2 inch ginger cut into julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard powder
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stuff the mixture in a mason jar. Seal the lid and store in a cool, dark place for 2 days (do not open).
- After the 2nd day, store it in the fridge. You can consume it right away. It stays good for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.